Parenting would be so much easier if children came with instruction manuals. However, we all know that they don’t. Until one is created …why not share, laugh and learn with other parents?
The Parent’s Circle is a warm, open, inviting, caring and accepting group that invites parents and children to have fun, laugh and learn. Through friendship, conversation, creative activities and learning opportunities parents can feel connected with each other through shared resources and experiences. Children will also feel their own sense of community with their Parent’s Circle friends.
Parent’s Circle exists to:
• Encourage and support parents in a welcoming and comfortable environment
• Learn and laugh with other parents who can relate to our situations and challenges
• Feel like someone understands
• Be a resource
• Provide a fun experience for children and parents
• Help our community
Our bi-monthly meetings include:
• Educational speakers
• Creative activities and crafts
• Group discussions
• Quality, loving childcare and activities for children
• Coffee, tea and treats
Parents Circle meets in the Choir Room on the 3rd Wednesday of each month during the school year at Fountain Street Church, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. You can join anytime during the year.
Parents Circle is also growing to the 1st Monday evening of each month during the school year at Fountain Street Church, from 6:30-8:30 p.m, in the Choir Room. Our new Monday meeting will be called Women's Circle. This group is a welcoming place for ALL women of FSC. If you are new to FSC, or have been here for years, PC/WC is an open, loving group for all to feel welcome in!
There is a $20.00 fee to join the group for the year, and this helps fund childcare and activities. There are scholarships available if you are unable to afford this fee.
Tentative Topics and Activities
• Cultural Pressures
• Family Rituals and Celebrations
• Advertising and the Media - how it affects your family
• Food and Health
• Time and Creativity
• Exploring Nature
• Simplifying your life - stop and smell the roses
• Crafts and Activites
• Parent Self Care
• Adoption Issues
• Learning from Older Women
Parents Circle Sundays