Fountain Street Church offers a rich art and architectural history to its congregation and the greater West Michigan community. The Art Committee (AC) is the conservator of this heritage. It builds on Fountain Street's tradition of nurture and appreciation for the artistic, cultural, and intellectual fruits of the human spirit in concert with the mission and vision of our church.
There are six major areas for which the Art Committee is responsible:
1. The AC functions as a screening body for art purchases, acquisitions, and gifts to the church.
2. The AC maintains and keeps current an inventory of art throughout the church.
3. The AC is responsible for the placement, maintenance, and upkeep of the art in the church.
4. The AC designs and finances the holiday Order of Service covers.
5. The AC stages art exhibits in the Keeler Lounge/Gallery by artists in a variety of media. The objective is to enlighten the spirits of our diverse congregation and serve as an outreach to the greater West Michigan community.
6. Periodically, the AC takes part in, or sponsors, special projects which pertain to art and the aesthetics of the church.
Comprised of church members, the Art Committee is lead by the AC Chair and assisted by a Co-Chair. Additional officers include a Treasurer and an AC representative appointed to serve as a liaison to the Properties Committee. The AC is also comprised of several sub-committees necessary to expedite AC projects and assignments.
Keeler Gallery Art Exhibit
May 3 - June 30
May 3 - June 30
The Art Committee invites you to view its latest Keeler Gallery Exhibit of 15 stunning landscapes by Artist, Sotir Davidhi. Titled "Memoryscape", the latex and grout on masonite paintings will be on exhibit through June 30. Keeler Gallery hours are M-F, 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Sundays from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.