2013-2015 Strategic Plan – Goals & Outcomes
Adopted September 24, 2012
Fountain Street Church Governing Board
1. Promote, broaden, and celebrate our education programs
• More people will have taken part in Character School/Youth/Adult education.
• More non-parents will be involved in children and youth programs.
• More non FSC people will have taken part in our education program.
• Most participants will assess educational programs as Very Successful or Excellent
• Linkage and coordination between worship and education.
• Linkage and coordination between social action and education.
• Education will provide more resources for individuals and families to use outside of FSC activities.
• Fountain Street Church and our wider community will be aware of our education programs through worship, fellowship, and social action overlaps.
• Publications and promotions will emphasize children, youth, and adult education programs to ourselves and to the wider community.
2. Broaden diversity of our liberal congregation; create a welcoming and accessible physical environment
• More congregants will experience personal and institutional engagement with diversity and inclusion.
• Staff and lay leadership will learn about diversity and inclusion.
• Newcomers will report FSC as a welcoming place for all.
• FSC’s art, symbols, and music will reflect cultural and religious diversity.
• FSC will be more inclusive in terms of age, race, identity, gender, socioeconomics, and spirituality.
“Create a welcoming and accessible physical environment”
• A significant majority of current members with disabilities will report a “significant improvement” in the accessibility of FSC.
• Means to assist those with disabilities will be easily available.
3. Goal: Acknowledge and expand the importance of outreach
• Congregants will be informed about social action projects and connections to the mission of the church.
• More members of the church community will be involved in social action work.
• Money, staff and lay support for social ministry will increase.
• FSC and its members will connect to organizations that serve our values. Those connections will be shared and promoted.
• More people will be aware of FSC and its mission.