To find out what our Volunteer Ministry is all about, please click here!
To view more volunteer opportunities, please see our Ministry Menu by clicking here!
To view a list of our seasonal opportunities, please click here!
To view our Volunteer Handbook, please click here!
To view our Volunteer Application Form, please click here!
You get a chance to give back!
- Support community resources you use yourself.
- Support resources that benefit the people you care about.
- An investment of your heart, mind, and hands in our FSC, local and wider community, and the people who live in it.
Stop by to check out our new Volunteer Station opposite the Church Office by the stairway - very cool! Wired lockers for your valuables, check-in and check-out station, continued updated information, and more. Stay tuned - we even have plans to move into the 21st century with a touch screen check-in feature and scannable badges soon!
Returning Volunteers - be sure to complete a 2013 Volunteer Registration Form by checking the "returning" box and noting any changes and what you are planning to get involved in this year, and we'll get your volunteer badges ready a.s.a.p.
Our Volunteers in April:
Spiritual and vibrant community of giving - a snapshot:
- A dozen folks provided yet another opportunity to support dancing feet, hungry mouths, and a community spirit at our 2nd Country Folk Dance.
- More than a dozen Choir and Red District folks helped support a fellow FSC'er in their care and urgent un-planned moving needs.
- 27 leaders and active youth created 150 muffins for our upcoming Memorial Service Receptions to support our grieving families.
- Social Justice activities at Rosa Parks Circle, God's Kitchen, Ferguson Place, the bridge, (International Women's Day), Feeding America, and in-house for Dwelling Place engaged more than 50 participants and more than 100 volunteer hours.
- More than 160 hours of music in instrument and voice of all ages were given in Sunday Worship and more.
- 51 individuals served 160+ hours before or on the five Sundays in March to foster a friendly, informative presence and help our Worship Services happen as Tech, Greeter, Usher, Coffee and Book Store Service, or as a Worship Participant.
We will do our best to share your involvement - if you don't see your efforts listed, we might not have your information! Help us better track how and what we are doing and how we can support one another - drop off or record your volunteer time at the Volunteer Station. Thank you for your generous service and assistance! We look forward to sharing more of our exciting and outstanding efforts within and in our community in the months ahead!
Upcoming Volunteer Events
May 4 - Annual Work Day Co-Planner: Work with Paula and Gary to plan work projects and food, (brunch and lunch), for our Annual Church Spring Clean-Up. (4-8 hours flex April planning, then 4-6 hours on May 4).
May 19 - Volunteer Celebration Event Helpers: Oh, the irony of asking for volunteers to help celebrate volunteering! Last year, you encouraged us to ask, so we are - we would love your assistance in food planning, preparing, serving, and clean-up for our big Social Hall Recognition Event. It is a Sunday, a fun day, especially with your participation! (1.5-3 hours the week before and/or on May 19).
District Co-Leader (Serve one year): If you enjoy fun, collaborative meetings that create community for yourself and for others, a one-year commitment as a District Co-Leader, (one of a 2-3 person District Team), is for you! We provide the support and basic structure, Co-Leaders then customize their offerings according to personal and District Group hopes and goals related to group community, service, and care. (2+ hours/month, flexible. Monthly meetings on Mondays).
Volunteer Station Sign-In
Music Ministry Publicity:
Ensure our music news gets out in our publications. Approximately 3 hrs./month or as available and inspired - perfect task to be able to do from home!
Join this new team focused on membership with:
- "Smart" targeting of what's great about FSC to the West Michigan community.
- Investment in connection with our newest visitors and Church shoppers.
- Creating supportive structures for rewarding engagement of newcomers.